The function of body fat
Body fat, medical term adipose tissue, is a complex organ in the body. Its main job is to store and release energy (in the form of calories) but it serves many other functions. Controls the release of multiple hormones that control metabolism.
The different types of fat cells
White Fat Cells
White fat is what comes to mind when envisioning ‘problem fat.’ Having a certain amount of white fat is not all bad. In fact, it’s necessary. White fat serves three primary roles:
- Storing energy (calories)
- Providing cushion for internal organs
- Releasing certain proteins and hormones into the bloodstream
Where are white fat cells found
White fat comprises about 90% of the fat in our bodies and can be found in the:
Brown Fat Cells
What does brown fat do?
Brown fat performs functions you would not expect from a fat cell:
- Brown fat burns energy (calories).
- Brown fat improves metabolism.
Until recently, scientists believed only infants had brown fat. But that has been disproven by multiple studies documenting brown fat in adults. Where are brown fat cells found?
Beige Fat Cells
What does beige fat do?
Beige fat cells look and act like a cross of white and brown fat. Beige fat cells can burn energy, like brown fat cells. Evidence is not yet clear whether beige fat cells are their own type, or whether they are conversions of white fat cells into beige fat cells triggered by specific conditions. Where can we find beige fat cells? Beige fat can be found in small quantities throughout the body. The highest concentrations are found around the spine and collarbone.
III. The location of fat cells
Fat cells can be located between the skin and the muscles, called subcutaneous fat. Fat cells can also be located deep inside the abdominal cavity, called visceral fat.
When you can “pinch an inch,” it’s subcutaneous fat. Subcutaneous fat is located superficially, between the skin and muscles.
Subcutaneous fat responds well to fat reduction treatments, but is resistant to diet and exercise.
Ranked amongst the top of body of non-invasive contouring treatments for stubborn belly fat.
- MaxLipo Laser is a fat reduction treatment that uses photomodulation technology to melt the fat in the fat cells in the treatment area.
- These treatments are often referred to an “alternative to liposuction” because because of the treatment’s ability to produce dramatic results.
- In just one 25 minute MaxLipo Light session your body can remove the equivalent amount of fat as completing SEVEN 30 minute cardio workouts!
- MaxLipo Light therapy is the GO-TO treatment for scar and stretch mark reduction
Call us and get support now. Lose that weight now. Don’t suffer alone in silence.
Email us at: email@example.com or call +65 6323 6652. Leave us a phone message if the line is busy.
Yours in Health
Prof Sundardas D Annamalay
Access to our Wellness APP: FREE MIND